Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Stitch Fix January 2016

Stitch Fix is my favorite mail to get every month.  I know that my closet has gone from drab to fab in the last year.



What is Stitch Fix?
It is a styling service that for $20 (which gets credited towards any items you keep) you get five items hand-selected for you by a stylist.  You fill out a style profile and link a Pinterest board, so your stylists know what you like.  If you are interested in trying out this service, please use my referral link as I can get credit for sending you their way.

After a slightly disappointing box in October, I have taken my husband's advice and requested fewer specifics because when I have more general requests, I seem to get better boxes.

I was most excited about this plaid top when I peeked at what was coming in my fix.


I paired it with my new black pants from The Loft and black boots.  I liked the outfit as whole, but I really was hoping for a brighter plaid.  Also the fabric was a little stiff for my taste.  Overall, it was a good option, but it wasn't as perfect as I expect my items to be to keep them.

Skies are Blue Yancy Plaid Top $58 RETURNED

*********************

This sweater was a great piece.  I paired it with my new black pants from The Loft, my Ballasox flats, and my daughter's cat ears at the request of my husband, who did my pictures.


I was never in to animal print, but I bought these flats for a great prices.  Then a friend got me a scarf to match them, so I am now an animal print person.  I did like this sweater, but I felt that it might be too much leopard print.  To be hones, I kinds of wish I had kept it, but oh well.

Fate Davis Leopard Print Button Up Cardigan $58 RETURNED

*********************

I was very apprehensive about this scarf when I pulled it out of the box.  The fringe just looked like too much.


I paired this with my jean jacket from The Loft, my Ballasox, and my pants from a previous fix.

Once I got the scarf on, I fell in love with it.  I don't have a scarf this chunky or this color.  However, my husband was the voice of reason and suggested I make one as I knit often in the winter.  So, this one went back in the box and I bought to skeins of yard for $10 to make my own.

Look by M Mateo Fringe Infinity Scarf $34 RETURNED

*********************

It is no dress season here in Michigan, so I did wonder what my stylist was thinking in sending this dress.


Well, whatever she was thinking was great because this is the perfect dress.  It is funny to me because I am not a dress person, but I now own like five dresses from Stitch Fix that all get regular wear.

The fabric on this dress was super soft and it fit as though it were made fore me.  I don't currently own a black dress (I know, I know), so this was a must-add item to my closet.

Gilli Kamile Jersey Rouched Detail Dress $54 KEPT 

*********************


The last item I received was this navy cardigan.  It had pockets, which was neat, but I could not get past the fabric.  The fabric was actually better on the inside than the outside.  The outside of mine looked matted. As I already own a navy cardigan, I passed.

Olive and Oak Waks Open Cardigan $68 RETURNED 

*********************

Here is the newest message I left for my stylist.


Be sure to follow my Pinterest Stitch Fix Board:

If you are interested, please use my referral link as I get a credit for letting you know about Stitch Fix.


I would love to know more about you in order to help you more: Do you Stitch Fix already?  What brought you to my post?  What kinds of pieces should I try in my wardrobe?



4 comments:

  1. I love seeing everyone's Stitch Fix boxes! That scarf is my fave piece from that Stitch Fix! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks great on you! I like how the plaid shirt looks too but I hate stiffer fabric as well so I don't blame you for sending it back. I'm excited to get my next fix next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you got some really great picks this month! I recently got my fix as well. I am addicted to Stitch Fix!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...