Tuesday, February 23, 2016

House Autry Chicken-Fried Steak and Country Gravy


Breading your steaks before frying can hold in juices while adding a crunchy texture.  In addition it helps in the making of country gravy.  House Autry chicken breading makes one mouth-watering chicken friend steak.




Each and every dinner should begin with a collection of your ingredients.  I used House Autry chicken breading to coat my steaks.


After pounding the steaks until they are about 1/4 thick and timing the excess fat (this is more for my picky family than necessary for cooking), I soaked the steaks in buttermilk.



I then rolled each steak in the House Autry breading.  I only used about half the box, so we have some to use next time as well.



Typically I place the breading on a plate and place each steak individually on the plate, flipping it once, and making sure to cover every face of the item I am breading.



A screaming hot cast iron skillet with 1/4 inch of oil is the best way to fry the steaks and make the gravy.  After cooking each steak for 3-4 minutes on each side, place the steaks to drain.


Before starting the gravy, drain any excess oil from the pan leaving only the drippings.  Add your flour and cook for two minutes while scraping up any bits still left in the pan.  Then add your evaporated milk and cook on low until it thickens then salt and pepper to taste.



I paired our chicken-fried steak and country gravy with roasted potatoes with peppers, cheesy garlic bread, and steamed broccoli



This dinner was simple enough to please my girls while fancy enough for my wife, who likes something a little fancier when I am home to cook.  The leftover gravy was fabulous on biscuits for breakfast.



#southernCraftedGoodness 

 #HouseAutryMills

I have received a complimentary game to review.
 The opinions here are 100% mine!

The Mummy Toolbox




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...