Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Happy 15th Birthday Potumus

In honor of her 15th birthday today, a poem I wrote over 8 years ago for my little girl. Inspired by those ABC books about places, events, and people, it was written during my summer at the National Writing Project Tip of the Mitt.




Potumus

A_____, the name we chose
Beautiful baby now growing up
Curious about the world around her
Determined to do on her own
Everyday a new discovery
Forever in my heart
Girly-girl through and through
Her beauty and smile warm my core
Intelligent she is becoming more
Joy and bliss are her companions
Kind and temperate is her world
Love always be with her
My world has changed since her appearance
Never will anything harm her if I have the power
Optimistic are her little blue shining eyes
Pursed are the crimson lips when she is upset
Quite the little princess we tell her
Rooms filled with books and toys
Sundresses, flip-flops, and bows
Together we walk hand in hand
Undeterred is she from her wants
Voice rings as she has discovered music
Woman, Wonderful Woman she will become
Xtraordinary
Youthfulness abounds
Zoos, museums, nations, and nature I share with her



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...